Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Confessions of an Organizationally Challenged Woman

If you drop by my home unannounced and the van is in the driveway but noone answers the door, I'm probably hiding upstairs.  Just kidding of course, but seriously I am often embarrassed by the state of my home.  I am an organizational junkie.  I have cleaned and organized only to let entropy take its course and the house fall back into chaos.  I've missed appointments because reminder cards got misplaced or I didn't check my calendar.

Even as a kid I fondly looked forward to a new school year, with fresh pencils, notebooks, and a planner.  I loved organizing everything and dreamed of everything staying neat and tidy all year long.  In the same fashion,  I start our homeschool year organized with a fresh outlook each year.  I take the manuals and use Post-It ready tabs to divide it into sections: 

I organize things with boxes, baskets, tubs, and drawers.  But no matter how hard I try, it's always been difficult to keep up with my organizational systems.  This summer I am hoping to thin out our school resources and sell off what we no longer use.  I am considering boxing up books we won't need this year and storing them in the basement, while only keeping out this years books.  I need to consolidate the art supplies and restock them.  I also need to toddler proof the room and get the pencils, markers, etc... put where Lilypie can't get them.  She draws on everything!

A new year always brings new hope of being organized, one of these years I might even achieve it.


No comments:

Post a Comment