Sunday, June 19, 2011

8/9/2010 - August Days

I can't believe Lily is 8 months old!  Her first birthday will be here before I know it.  She is such a Joy in our lives.  Lily is the best birthday and Christmas present I ever got!  Today is our anniversary and we went out for Thai food.  The owner of the restaurant came over to hold Lily and talk to us for a bit.  She talked about child rearing in her country and how different things are here.  The funny thing is we are already doing some of the things she mentioned.  I wanted to ask her about potty training practices there as we have begun teaching Lily to go on the toilet, but we were out of time.  We had to get home to pick up the kids from VBS.
About 10 days ago we started playing around with EC - Elimination Communication or infant potty training.  It is absolutely amazing to me to see Lily peepee on the toilet.  I never knew that you could really do this...  Of course she still uses diapers but we're using less diapers now that we know about EC.  She still wears mostly cloth diapers and disposables at night.
As for diaper covers, I've learned to knit now so that I can make her wool diaper covers.  They are so soft and comfy.  She seems to like them.  Here is the newest one.  I still need to sew some bigger fleece ones.  Fleece ones are much faster to make than the wool ones.  I like them both.  For fall I'd like to knit her a pair of legwarmers to wear with her diaper covers.

No comments:

Post a Comment