Sunday, June 19, 2011

9/7/2009 - Getting Ready for Baby

So I've got that nesting urge going on these days.  I've been pulling out all our old baby clothes and washing them, then hanging them out to dry in the bright sunshine to bleach out the stains.  It's amazing how those old stains reappear after sitting in boxes for a few years.  You put the clothes away clean and tidy and when you pull them back out, YUCK!  But Sunshine removes the stains wonderfully.
Anyway, today I used my 50% off coupon from Michael's to buy a baby scrapbook kit.  The box said you could assemble it in an hour.  It took a little longer than that, but I did have two 9 year old boys running around asking for popsicles and snacks while I was working on it.  In about an hour and half though, I had it all assembled and it's now ready for pictures.  It was a fun project and it's nice to have it done and ready for when baby gets here.  It'll be so easy to throw in pictures and text and have something to show for it.  I got the Peek A Boo Pals Kit.  This is the first time I have ever gone with a box kit.  I usually prefer to do my own scrapbook designs but I'm feeling the need to have stuff done and ready now!
The next project on my list is to get the swing, high chair, and exersaucer out and scrub them clean.  They were stored in Mom & Dad's barn for several years and they are quite grubby.  Nothing a little elbow grease can't fix though.    And I still have dejunking the house and holding a garage sale on my list. We have way too much STUFF.  I really need to thin out every room in the house and then deep clean the basement and sun  porch.  I don't know why I have so much trouble getting rid of stuff.
My due date is 90 days away.  How much can I get done in that amount of time???
I had my 26 week checkup with the Midwife last week.  Everything looks normal and healthy at this point.  I have to do my glucose test this week and I start going in every 2 weeks now.

No comments:

Post a Comment