Sunday, June 19, 2011

9/30/2009 - Quilting Obsession

I thought it would be fun to make a baby quilt for this baby.  Up to now, the largest quilt I've made is for an American Girl doll.  A baby quilt seems small right...
I started with a basic 9 patch design.  I had planned to make a quilt out of all 9 patch blocks.  After making a ton of them:

9 Patch Quilt Blocks
9 Patch Quilt Blocks
I decided not to make the entire quilt out of them.  I found a nice pattern on the net and changed it a little bit.  Here is my finished quilt top:

quilt top
quilt top
The irony of the situation is that as a child, my Grandmother was always trying to teach me to quilt and I would escape to friend's houses to get out of quilting.  I had no desire to EVER do that.  Now I'm making a quilt of my own.  Too bad I never learned how from her, Grandmother was an expert quilter.  I am quite the novice.
Now I just have to put the batting and backing on and to the final quilting.  I'm very pleased with how the top turned out.  This is definitely the most challenging thing I've ever sewn.

No comments:

Post a Comment