Sunday, June 19, 2011

8/28/2009 - Switching to a Midwife

Wednesday morning I met with the Midwife through McLaren hospital.  She was wonderful.  She spent 45 minutes with me going over the questions I had, asking me questions, and telling me about the Labor and Delivery area of McLaren and the Midwife delivery room there.
While at my OB practice, you might have one of 3 doctors in the day or one of 7 doctors on call at night, with this Midwife, you are almost assured of having her there at the birth.  She said she has only missed 2 births in the last 2 years because her husband was ill.  She was a Labor and Delivery nurse for 10 years and has been a Certified Nurse Midwife for 15 years.  And since you give birth at the hospital, Tony is much happier.  He was afraid I'd try to have a home birth.  :>  Now as long as I don't go into labor in the middle of a snowstorm, we'll be ok!  But seriously, how often does it snow in Michigan in early December?
This child will be born at the same hospital Tony was born at.

No comments:

Post a Comment