Sunday, June 19, 2011

8/23/2009 - Having Fun Sewing with Joanie

Well, I couldn't figure out what I did wrong on my first cover, so I cut out new leg cuffs and a new waistband and put it together. 

My first Cover
My first Cover
Unfortunately, I forgot to turn it inside out before I sewed on the first leg cuff.   I quickly realize that and sewed the waistband and the other leg cuff in the right way.   Joanie likes that the first three I made have the polar bears on the butt.
 diaper2back2
Then we realized that we only had blue covers and we thought a pink one would be nice if we have a girl.  I also figured it would be nice to have some size small covers on hand for when Baby outgrows the newborn size covers.  So Joanie and I went to JoAnn's fabric and bought some colorful fleece.  Joanie helped me cut out and assemble 1 more newborn cover in pink and 5 size Small covers in various colors.

Cutting out pieces
Cutting out pieces

Pinning it together



Pinning it together

So after cutting out and sewing the parts, Joanie laid them out and played around with what color cuffs should go on which cover.
Pieces and Parts
 
Then she rearranged them again and I got busy sewing them together.  I now have 4 newborn size covers (at the top of the next picture) and 5 small size covers. 

Finished Diaper Covers
Finished Diaper Covers
I think now I might make some longies to go with them.  Longies are like little sweatpants for Baby.  They take the place of the diaper cover but keep the little legs warm too.
I never got to around to sewing for my other two babies so I've been having fun sewing for this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment