Sunday, June 19, 2011

8/23/2009 - 25 weeks down, 15 to go!

 
As of today, I am 25 weeks along, the official due date is Dec. 6, so that's 15 weeks away.   I had an ultrasound at my doctors appointment on Thursday, but no new pictures really.  The baby is still breech at this point and wouldn't let them see the spine.  Get moving baby, I don't want a C-section!  He or she better turn around before December....  Most babies turn by their due dates so I'm not worried, although it is a Slosar and Slosars are stubborn.
Here's the latest picture I took of the kids after getting squeaky clean in the bathtub.   They are so excited, they can't wait to meet their new brother or sister.


John and Joanie
John and Joanie
Someone at church told me about the McLaren Midwives program so I'm planning to look into that.  I've had normal pregnancies so far and I expect this one to be as well.  Midwives tend to do things a bit differently than the doctors.  Now to find out if they take my insurance.
On a side note, we started our Homeschool year 2 weeks ago.  This year we're using a program called Adventure in My Father's World.  This year is focused on American History.  By starting early, we'll be able to take a few weeks off or go at half speed as needed when the baby gets here.  It feels good to get back into the swing of things.  The kids aren't thrilled to start earlier than their friends, but they know they will have a break when the baby comes while their friends will still be in school.  So they aren't too upset.

No comments:

Post a Comment