Sunday, June 19, 2011

2/28/2011 - Sabbath Days

Our Pastor is doing a series on the Ten Commandments.  Today was the fourth commandment about honoring the Sabbath.  The Sabbath is a gift from God to be enjoyed.  How often do we really enjoy the Sabbath and treat it as a special day?  I have gotten into the habit of doing laundry on Sunday.  Catching up on other chores.  Trying to get ready for the week ahead.  That's not the intent of the Sabbath.  Really, it's not just "Ok" to rest that day?  You mean it's a day given for rest?  That's quite a change in how I think about it.  I'll admit that I still washed a load of diapers today but we had simple sandwiches for lunch and leftovers for dinner.  Easy meals on paper plates.  I played Twister with the kids and we went swimming tonight.  It was a very good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment