Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Making a Baby Shower Gift with my Daughter

Making a Baby Shower Gift with my Daughter!


We have a shower to go to this weekend and I wanted to give a personal gift, not just buy something from the  registry.  I stumbled on the 20 minute baby blanket video on youtube and thought that would be perfect.  It's just two pieces of flannel sewn together and tied with yarn to make a large pretty blanket.  Perfect for tummy time on the floor or just swaddling the little one.

It took more than 20 minutes to put it together, but it was under an hour from start to finish.  I chose two pretty flannels, one pink patchwork one since "It's A Girl" and one Christmas pattern because it was colorful and pictures of cute happy children all over it.  Babies love staring at faces so I thought that would be perfect.  You put them right sides together, stitch and turn.  (I chose to topstitch it at this point so the edges would be neat which is why it took me longer to finish.)  Add some yarn ties to keep the blanket from shifting around when you launder it and it's all done.  I like the finished blanket and will keep it in mind for future baby shower gifts.

1 comment: